March 16, 2013
ROARRR! Little kids just love dinosaurs – but the “party store” plates and decor are overdone and boring. We put fresh twist on the theme, and pulled together ideas for a very modern, “dino-mite” party – sure to please both the kiddos and their stylish moms. We’ve included all the shopping links just below the image – to make pulling your party together that much more simple. Follow our dinosaur board on pinterest – we’ll be constantly updating it as we find new, clever ideas.
1. Strong navy stripes are accented with pops of green and orange in these modern invitations by Swanky Press. The invites are 2-sided…leaving plenty of room for all the party details.
2. I just love the simplicity of this dinosaur silhouette t-shirt by OddEDesigns on etsy. It would look just perfect on the birthday boy. Her shop is fill with all sorts of cute shirts and onsies. My personal favorite of her designs: click here to find out.
4. I cannot rave enough about these jars bright orange dinosaur lids. Absolutely fabulous! They’d be great for snacks or a centerpiece at the party, but just imagine how much fun they’ll be AFTER the party in your son’s room or playroom.
5. These dinosaur claws are too clever – the credit goes to gourmetmomonthego.com. She dipped nutter butter cookies in green food melts and added cashew claws. You can find the full instructions here.
6. Dinosaur pinatas from amazon.com.
7. The Pretty Paper Shop on Etsy makes fun, bright little food picks. These 2-sided dinosaurs would look cute in all sorts of finger foods, or even attached to food tents on the dessert table.
9. If you’re throwing your dinosaur party at home, there would be nothing funnier than having your
pet dog triceratops greet the guests at the door. Thank you, Animal Planet! (Take pics as soon as possible. If your dog is anything like my boxer, Biscuit, then that costume will only stay on about 6o seconds!)
10. This image came from tumblr, and I can’t find the source. These dinosaur egg cupcakes are brilliant, though. If anyone knows who made them, please leave a comment so I can credit this brilliant baker!
December 29, 2021