January 15, 2014
I have three kids, and at one point or another I’ve thrown each of them a gymnastics party. Combine that with all of the gymnastics parties we’ve been invited to, and you have a very well-used party theme. Typical gymnastics parties are either pink (for girls) or primary colors (for boys), so I decided to take a fresh spin on things and design party in a coral and melon color scheme. The inspiration is still “young and fun”, but it has a touch of sophistication that’s sure to please Mom, too. Be sure to follow my Gymnastics Inspiration Board on Pinterest – I’ll be adding fresh new ideas as I find them.
1. The gymnastics invitation is available exclusively at Swanky Press – I drew the sketch to resemble my youngest child. The hair and eye colors can be changed to more closely resemble your child (and at no extra charge!).
2. A gorgeous ombre cake in shades of coral and melon – featured on Style Me Pretty. The party was crafted by Little Sooti, and the beautiful photo is by Lee Bird Photography. Definitely check out Little Sooti’s website – she throws absolutely beautiful events.
4. Loretta’s Beads on Etsy sells great, affordable charms. These gymnast charms will make a wonderful party craft (strung onto coral string for a necklace) – and can also be a favor for the girls to take home. You can get 50 for only $9.50, so they’ll be plenty of extras for siblings that might tag along to the party.
5. I found this sweet little coral colored leotard on Zulilly – it would be just perfect for the birthday girl
6. These ribbon wands are both practical for gymnastics, but also an adorable touch for the party. The kids will have so much fun running and jumping with them. I found them at Minor Details Boutique on Etsy. (They’re really affordable, too!)
7. This origami star garland is perfect in so many ways! Of course, the color is spot-on, but I love the idea of decorating with stars at a gymnastics party. You can buy it for only $10 at Catch Some Raes on Etsy.
9. Mom needs to look good at the party, too, right? These coral skinny jeans are on my spring shopping list, and I thought they’d just look perfect worn to the party! Check them out at the ASOS Marketplace.
December 29, 2021