FREE US SHIPPING ON ORDERS $35+ ❤ USE CODE ONESIESALE FOR 20% OFF ONESIES!
August 18, 2013
One of my daughters just discovered the old H20 series on Netflix, and is obsessing over mermaids. She asked for a mermaid party, so I’ve been scouring the internet for inspiration. I designed a mermaid invitation using ombre scales as the backside print…and the ideas grew from there. I’ll post my followup in a few weeks showing how the actual party turned out, but in the meantime, enjoy my inspiration. Oh, and you can follow my Mermaid Pinterest Board to see new ideas as I add them!
1. The mermaid invitation is available exclusively at Swanky Press – I made it with my daughter in mind. My design inspiration was a sophisticated mermaid theme -think pearls, starfish, and ombre and absolutely no Ariel or Disney Princesses.
2. A gorgeous ombre ruffle cake – featured on Kara’s Party Ideas by Bubble and Sweet Blog.
3. I just drooled when I saw how beautiful these chocolates are! The Girl Inspired did a great tutorial …and I’m so grateful she gave the tip about the luster dust. I actually just finished making a batch (or 5) of these today. I’ll share my photos when I post about the actual party.
4. “Mermaids in the Water…Swimmers Beware!” This clever sign from Hydrangea Hill Cottage on etsy is a great find. It’s sure to make the both mermaids and humans smile!
5. Hungry Happenings did a post about all the ways you can make S’mores – and then did an amazing tutorial for these starfish smores. The marshmallows are handmade, dipped in chocolate and then coated in graham cracker crumbs. You really must head over to her blog and read about it – she gives very clear step-by-step instructions with lots of photos.
6. Susanne Ashby of Susanne Ashby Photography shared her mermaid party on Kara’s Party Ideas. I love the idea of the starfish wands. I haven’t found enough starfish that large to make this…but it’s a great idea!
7. I’ve seen variations of these jellyfish paper lanterns around, and after searching it looks like the original idea came from the Party City blog. I didn’t even know they had a blog! (Photo credit: HTWM party feature, styling by April of Events Inspired by Love.)
8. Sweet glass bottles filled with layered glitter and a message – perfect party favors for the girls! Created by These Tiny Treasures on etsy.
9. Sprinke Bakes blog gave a diy tutorial on making these icicle candies. When I look at them, I just see seaweed! It’s a great way to add a homemade touch to the party.
January 04, 2021
October 15, 2020
October 12, 2020